As we prepare for the hospitalero training in London this weekend, I received a timely email from the University of Santiago. Both pilgrims and hospitaleros will be interested in these courses:
1- ROAD SANTIAGO COURSE
This pioneering program is a multidisciplinary approach in the study of the Camino de Santiago and the improvement of your Spanish. It offers the opportunity to experience the magic of the Camino and walk the final stretch of this ancient route. A University professor accompanies the group and gives walking seminars about art and history of the Camino.
The two-week course includes:
- 40 lecture hours at USC (1 week)
- 6 days walking along the Galician section of the French Way.
- Seminars on the Camino de Santiago
- Spanish language course and introduction to Galician culture
- Professors from USC Faculty of Language, History, Arts, Culture & Geography
- Intensive cultural programme: mobile classroom, guided tours, workshops, gourmet trail, official receptions
- Accommodation, meals and health insurance in Santiago de Compostela and during the walk
Dates: 26 May- 6 June & 29 September – 10 October, 2014.
Note: English Version of this Course Program will be organized by request.
2- SPANISH FOR HOSPITALEROS COURSE
This course is focused on the basic cultural and linguistic knowledge that not Spanish speakers need to perform the hospitalero service. It is a one week course and includes:
- 20 lecture hours
- Cultural activities
- Accommodation and half board in a pilgrim hostel.
Dates: 2 – 6 June & 6 – 10 October, 2014.
Details and more information can be found in the link: http://issuu.com/cursosinternacionales/docs/ingles
Registrations can be done at https://cursosinternacionales.usc.es/